Thanks

Batteries, Batteries,Batteries help please.

I have a set of B&B sla hr12-9 that have seen better days, I'm looking for replacements but the old supplier gave up on selling them. Where would you recommend getting new ones? Unless there is a plug and play option for upgrading I'm gonna stick with sla's??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopedboy View Post
    I have a set of B&B sla hr12-9 that have seen better days, I'm looking for replacements but the old supplier gave up on selling them. Where would you recommend getting new ones? Unless there is a plug and play option for upgrading I'm gonna stick with sla's??
    There is alternatives with the same higher Ah ratings and great durability available - made by Panasonic and Yuasa.

As on plug and play replacements, Goped has packs but at 500 Dollars for 8ah the SLA option may be more suitable depending on range need.

Most shops that sell LiFePo cells and offer a pack assemble service would be able to make a plug and play ready set, there is little work required to make kit based on headway cells with screw-on tabs ( no soldering required and they are liFEpo so stable even without battery pack internal BMS).

There is some reports on such conversions on Gopeds ( and much more on bikes) on the forum v-is-for-voltage.