Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Hello everyone!!! Can you help a noob!! GSR Sport Gz25N23!!!

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, I've been trolling for about 2 months and just recently found a really nice GSR that was barely used: however I think it went through some slightly ignorantly owned days.
    When I went to meet the guy who was selling immediately I knew two things 1: he didn't know anything about engines or mechanics (even less than I)! 2: he couldn't prime a carb and start an engine to save his life. Long story short bright or home it wasn't cranking for me I waited two days put a spark in it, new gas and bam fired right up.....

Rode it for about a couple days when all of a sudden it stopped working, I checked spark it was good, fuel seemed okay, no leaks and no vacuum leaks.
    I couldn't figure it out..
    So I give it a break for a few days and come back to it fresh I take it outside give the carb 2-3 bubble pumps, choke on it barks. Do it again it barks open choke I pull first try idles and runs smooth I drive it to work (3miles) I turn it off, 20 minutes later I got to public on it for produce.. rides fine..
    I get off work 6 hours late and I got to pick it up
    I notice a few things
    There's some gas that leaked into the air filter and some at the exhaust. I thought maybe hey somebody knocked it over and Munich gas cap wasn't on all the way..
    I go outside to try and start her up and nothing... I tried for 1 hour and nothing.. not a single start up ..

I got home and played with it the next day, I took it outside and did the usual and I got it to start up with choke on with a decent idle, however whenever I opened the choke even a hair it would die!

I played some more and got more of a healthier response for on the engine I finally got it idling on open choke it was slightly unsteady and then it stabilized. However even running with choke open and idling when I give the throttle some juice it will try to stay alive for a second and die out.
    At this point if I start with the choke open it will idle fine and I can flutter the gas and it gets power but if I try to open the throttle up any significant amount it will die..

Also I've done this process now for about 3 days, and sometimes when I run it trying to get it to ride or idle on open choke I notice after it sits it will leak gas from both the exhaust port at end of gram and some from the air box. (((

I've been googling up and down and I know on the gz25n23 has a non timetable carb, also that the "seat" and or "needle" is faulty or stuck or carb and jets are dirty that I would need to replace or clean carb?

Before I buy a carb kit or new carb can someone please give me some insight I would love and appreciate the kind gesture.. I will try and upload videos tomorrow I just got off work and it's midnight right now!

Thank you so much for reading and helping!!

Thanks
    I'd say it sounds like a carb issue, geo (GZ) motors suck though, I'd stay away from them.

They have tons of issues and no power, I'd try to find a used RC.

Thanks
    I can pretty much guarantee it's a carb problem. Either rebuild it or buy a new one. A rebuild kit probably isn't the best option because without a good ultrasonic cleaning it may still have problems.

Thanks
    My best advice is save some money and ditch the gz asap. That was the first motor i ever had and i swear the thing had a mind of it's own when it decided to work. They're best bone stock. I put a velocity stack on mine and it really upset it. Wouldn't cold start. Also the carbs for them are expensive and are pieces of shit.
    Last edited by Drunkenpedrider; 03-19-2017 at 11:29 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Drunkenpedrider For This Useful Post:

Depths of Hell (03-20-2017)

Thanks
    You guys are all awesome! Yeah I'm thinking it's a carb issue to because it doesn't seem like a gasket since when I am playing with it, it eventually will run with choke open
    I want a GSR cruiser but I have to off this one first.. I have to get it dependably running before I sell it.

Honestly I should've waited but hey it's all learning when this ped does run it is quite fun and has some decent torque!

I'm going to call goped/ddm/ ada now to see if when I purchase a new stock carb if it comes with all required items for plug and play gasket etc etc...

Also which engines should I be weary of and which should I look for? I've only
    Just started getting into the scene and it was a rocky start but with the communities help I've got so far I appreciate all of you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,465 Posts
    I can not vouche for the GZ engines, but I most certainly can attest to many people having nothing but issues for minimal gain.

With that said, I also condone tossing it. As for alternatives, you can not go wrong with a Zenoah. And personally, I would go for the 260. Great little engine known to spin some serious RPM's.

If you stick with the Geo, Mr. Tea has quite the write up on how to get some more life out of it. Namely feeding the engine more fuel through swapping out for a bigger jet.

I believe that thread is in the "Engine Tech" section.
    Hell Fab

Thanks
    Bumped the Geo thread up.....

http://www.billetboard.com/showthrea...565#post166565

Don't give up just yet..............
    Try the fuel Mod..

There is nothing that cannot be fixed with a good cup of Tea.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrTea For This Useful Post:

Depths of Hell (03-20-2017)

Thanks
    Lol as much as any man would love tossing something and start fresh I have a little money in it so I want to get some back to get a cruiser I want some air tires and back brakes!

Thanks
    Also is gomeyer a reputable shop?!
    Also I can't find the actual manufacturer for the stock carb for the GZ25N23 is it walbro?
    I found 2 brand new on eBay for $25 ... and gomeyer is 45 I'm going to get a gasket set as well but I want to know exactly what I'm buying and who this website is if reputable.. I can possibly save 20 bucks through amazon.

Again thanks for helping me out!!

BUMP

Thanks
    You have to call go Meyer to confirm they have anything before you click buy online. Many items they dont have anymore. Other then that yes they are reputable.

The Zenoah made geo carbs are no longer made I don't think. Most of the carbs you see on eBay and amazon these days are replicas made in china. They are hit or miss

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoSpeed View Post
    You have to call go Meyer to confirm they have anything before you click buy online. Many items they dont have anymore. Other then that yes they are reputable.

The Zenoah made geo carbs are no longer made I don't think. Most of the carbs you see on eBay and amazon these days are replicas made in china. They are hit or miss

Thanks bro I appreciate it! Yeah I have been seeing them but none specify Waldron or zenoah I'm going to dig a little more before I commit to purchasing a no name China one....

I will be calling gomeyer on my day off tomorrow to get some things going...

It's a shame the actual goped website is moving so you've can't do orders on there st the moment id have to wait a month!!!!

If anyone digs a genuine zenoah/Walbro carb for my GS25N23 paste the link here!!!!

Thanks
    Sorry I said Zenoah but I meant walbro

Thanks
    It sounds like too nuch or not enough fuel. It may be something sticking open or closed in the carb. If you take it apart you should find a little mesh filter inside. See if its nor plugged with junk. Use new gaskets on the intake whenever the carb comes off..... Every time. You can also cut out your own gasket from gasket material thru Napa or other auto parts. I recommend the rubber impregnated black stuff. If not clogged then overfueled. My Bigfoot still has the same issue. If I leave it sit, the pressure buildup in the tank from the air temps going up and down everyday will force fuel out the intake and exhaust. I would replace carb, but its the old school adjustable carb. Any who what happens is an internal leak in the carb bleeds off pressure pushing fuel into the carb. Since the motor is tilted back, it slowly runs into the crankcase. After the case has filled up, it has no where else to go but exhaust and intake. Have you tried storing it with the gas cap loose? Try that and see if you get any further fuel flowing out issues. Keep us updated

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dukem2 View Post
    It sounds like too nuch or not enough fuel. It may be something sticking open or closed in the carb. If you take it apart you should find a little mesh filter inside. See if its nor plugged with junk. Use new gaskets on the intake whenever the carb comes off..... Every time. You can also cut out your own gasket from gasket material thru Napa or other auto parts. I recommend the rubber impregnated black stuff. If not clogged then overfueled. My Bigfoot still has the same issue. If I leave it sit, the pressure buildup in the tank from the air temps going up and down everyday will force fuel out the intake and exhaust. I would replace carb, but its the old school adjustable carb. Any who what happens is an internal leak in the carb bleeds off pressure pushing fuel into the carb. Since the motor is tilted back, it slowly runs into the crankcase. After the case has filled up, it has no where else to go but exhaust and intake. Have you tried storing it with the gas cap loose? Try that and see if you get any further fuel flowing out issues. Keep us updated

Hey dude thanks for your time and 2 cents ! Honestly it's got a mind of its own it went from running fine to not starting to not running fine only with choke on to running with open choke but no throttle can be engaged it's a headache I'm going to take the carb off tomorrow and check it out! I just got off work!
    I wish I had more locals I can hangout with and crank wrenches just to get more experience!!

P.s. Having a damn near impossible time trying to find the original walbro carb for this thing

Thanks
    Also when I google the specific carb it always shows an immense amount of "redmax" carbs?? Anyone?