Thanks

Angry G23lh bog issues...

So i picked up a sport a while back. Clean, good condition etc. Ran and rode flawlessly for a few weeks. Sat for maybe a week or two after that and now I get nothing but bogging....Compression is good, gaskets look good (haven't checked crankcase or head gasket yet) cylinder and spark plug gets hot after trying to bump start so im assuming that spark is occurring. Using 91 octane fresh from chevron. Motor sounds good when bump starting but just won't get that last bit of fire (doesn't sound like im getting alot of ignition, if any) Suggestions before I start buying parts? lol any input appreciated thanks! im thinking carb needs to be cleaned? idk. It gets extra bogged when i give it any throttle.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,101 Times in 1,505 Posts
    Fuel filter clogged
    Carb clogged
    air leak potentially

Pull your plug out, hook the spark plug boot back up and make sure you're getting good spark. From there, pull the in tank filter and clean it up. If there is no in tank filter, or inline filter, that's your problem....carbs clogged.

You can tear the carb down, soak in gas and give it a good bath. Hit it with compressed air (wear safety glasses) and reassemble. Cross your fingers and pull away.
    Hell Fab

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Depths of Hell For This Useful Post:

stuwn (11-10-2017)

Thanks
    Awesome yea spark looks good, seems like a fuel flow issue. although the primer has no problem pulling gas thru, it seems that I'm not getting a good enough seal somewhere along the line to pull gas into the cylinder with just the compression from the piston. Will check the carb and filter and report back thanks for the reply!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,101 Times in 1,505 Posts
    Swap your fuel lines for some fresh ones. Any small engine repair shop should carry Tygon fuel line, it works well and is very affordable.

You May have a cracked fuel line, it only takes a pin hole to cause erratic behavior.
    Hell Fab